At this time, during Covid-19 Pandemic, ie cafe is mostly takeaway with limited al fresco dining options available. Open Monday to Friday 6am to 1:30pm. We thank our customers for their continued support, we love our community spirit.
To save time, text your coffee order ahead for quick pick-up, mobile: 0439 118 979.
A Social Enterprise of GCLA
Incredible Edibles (ie), was born from the enthusiasm and skills growth of a team of GCLA customers involved in Tasty Treats. (Tasty Treats is a funded capacity building program set up to create budding home chefs while building independence, home skills and kitchen safety.)
In the case of Incredible Edibles, the team outgrew the opportunity and sought bigger culinary heights. From here the sky has been the limit for Incredible Edibles, their achievements to date are impressive!
- Awarded Gladstone Observer Best in Business Award for Innovation (after only five months of operating).
- Established a contract to service and meals to customers at the Port Curtis RnR, in Rosella street.
- Catering contracts attained for large corporate functions such as; QAL’s 50th Anniversary celebrations, the Boyne/Tannum Hook-Up dinner and exhibition openings at the Gladstone Regional Art Gallery and Museum.
- Catered for private events; weddings and corporate cocktail parties.
- Secured supply of catering to local cafe, Boy Espresso Bar.
- Developed a line of frozen ready-meals for purchase from Port Curtis RnR.
- Worked with Australian Celebrity Chef, Matt Golinski, helping create his 6-course digger station menu, as part of the Capricornia Food and Wine Festival.
- Participated in the Pop-Up polo event. Two of incredible edibles catering assistants were invited by the light group (another local catering company) to be a part of the event held in Rockhampton.
- 8 April ie cafe officially opened, 1 Garnet Street Tannum Sands.
- 12 September ie cafe was awarded The Most Inclusive Employer in the Gladstone Region, at SpringAbility.
Incredible Edibles cafe’s unique recipe is as much about people, as it is about great coffee! The goal is a mix of three equally important ingredients:
Supporting our community
We are a not-for-profit venture and a social enterprise. Our financial goals are solely based on providing essential services for people in our community. Profit generated by ie cafe goes back into creating innovative opportunities for people living with a disability and to participate and contribute to our community. When you choose ie cafe you are also choosing to help enable others and strengthen our community. For that we thank you!
Providing employment opportunities
Our recruitment strategy is aimed at providing paid work and training opportunities for individuals living with a disability, that might otherwise find it difficult to gain the same opportunity. Our team are continually learning, on the job and through structured study, enabling them to be amazing in their field and capable of bringing quality products to your plate.
Inspiring your day
We want you to enjoy your experience as much as your cup of coffee. Our aim is to exceed your expectations and inspire your day! We hope ie cafe soon becomes your favourite hangout, where you can enjoy time with family and friends or meet with work colleges and know you will never be disappointed.
We would love your feedback! Be it positive or constructive, we are a training Cafe, so feedback is an important part of the recipe to help us be our best. Personal tastes do differ, so we might not be able to mix in all suggestions, but we value your opinion.
From catering for small functions providing morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea’s, all the way through to large corporate events, Incredible Edibles are the team for you.
email catering requests to firstname.lastname@example.org